As premature deaths linked to air pollution continue to rise — across the world and especially in the poorest countries — funding to reverse that trend and deliver clean air for all is more critical than ever.
Join us for an informative online event on Thursday 23 September (2pm BST, 3pm CET or 9am EDT) to discuss how to realise a ‘clean air dividend’ by overcoming low levels of funding of air quality projects by official and philanthropic donors and the lack of coordination between different types of funders.
Join our online event and:
- Learn out about the key findings of the State of Global Air Quality Funding 2021 report;
- Hear from a panel of speakers on best practices in funding air quality and strategic opportunities for official development funders and philanthropic foundations;
- Understand where and how funding can be better targeted for greater impact;
- Find out about opportunities for better alignment and collaboration among funders.
- Chair: Peter Justice Dery (Co-chair of the Climate and Clean Air Coalition Working Group, Director of the Environment Division in the Ministry of Environment, Science Technology and Innovation, Ghana)
- Clean Air Fund: Sean Maguire (Director of Strategic Partnerships and Communications, Clean Air Fund
- Development Agency: Janine Kuriger (Head of Division, Global Programme Climate Change and Environment, Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation)
- Development Bank: Yewande Awe (Senior Environmental Engineer, World Bank)
- Philanthropic Foundation: Liz Mckeon (Head of Portfolio, Climate Action)
The Clean Air Fund is a philanthropic initiative with a mission to tackle air pollution around the world. We bring together funders, researchers, policy makers and campaigners to find and scale solutions that will provide clean air for all.
To read more about the report, click here.